Monday, September 29, 2014

Huntsville just keeps getting better. and better. and better

Hola Hola mi familia!

Oh mi bondad we have a new baby! AHHHHHH!!! I am soo soo excited!!!! I have been dying the past two weeks, just waiting for him to get here! What a miracle it was to see those pictures when I opened up my email this morning! Heavenly Father and His tender mercies...what would I do without them? I'm so glad that I was able to see the pictures and not have to wait another week! AHHH!!! I cannot believe it!! I AM SO EXCITED!!! Congrats to the parents! #teamhoj. You are going to be great parents. Keep sending those pictures por favor.

Well, like I said, Huntsville is just getting better and better. First big news of the week is that we got another set of Sisters up here! We are so so excited and so happy for that. Hermana Loo and I are still focusing on YSA and then we're going to be focused only on Spanish in the family ward and the other Sisters will be helping out with the English ward and YSA as well along with the Elders. It is such a blessing to have them here. We had been feeling like we were just skimming the surface of all that there was to do, and needed some help to pick things up. So President sent us another set of Sisters! Sister Hassell and Sister Lambright. They are sooo stinkin adorable. I'm so so happy to have them here! It was amazing, even yesterday at church you could just feel a renewed energy with the members. Things are going to start picking up here real quick I think.



We got to see Meet the Mormons! We went to a church building and got to watch it with a bunch of the missionaries! It is so good! Everyone go and see it! It was funny, enlightening, uplifting, just all around good. I loved it! 

                                The Giant Sam Houston Statue

Campus is going well too, we are just needing to follow up with a lot of people. Who would have ever thought it would be hard to just call people? There is never time! We have a few progressing investigators right now, and I am confident as we continue doing follow up that we will find those that are prepared. We have had a lot of really awesome contacts on campus though, inviting everyone to come to General Conference! So I'm praying that a lot of people will come! Matt has been doing really well too, as of last time I talked with y'all he has told us that he wants to go on a mission, he got the priesthood, a calling, his temple recommend, and set a date for his patriarchal blessing. haha so he is on top of it to say the least! He is so excited! It is so true that baptism really is the gateway to help us receive a whole lot more. We are going to the temple with him this next week for the first time! Yay!! Happy day!

Oh, I don't know if I told you this or not, but Lori and her family are moving down to Galveston this week. She has been doing so well and guess what?! She is now going on her 9th day without smoking! She is going to get there! I am so happy for her and so proud of her. I'm sure going to miss her and her family a lot. They are just wonderful.

Sorry this is seriously all over the place. (I blame the baby excitement) But, it was Sister Hassell's birthday this last week, so we decided to go out to lunch! I had my first real Texas barbecue!! We went to a place that was ranked #3 in the whole entire nation for their barbecue, and whooo those ribs were good! Y'all need to come back just to eat that. Wow it was good. It's a little restaurant run by a baptist church and it is wonderful!! I'll attach some pictures for ya. Then today, we were able to go to the Sam Houston National Forest and we did a 6 mile hike and it was so beautiful! We also stopped to take a picture with the giant Sam Houston statue. So again, I'll send pictures. 
 
 
Hiking in the Sam Houston National Forest
 
 
     The best genuine Texas barbecue! Why has it taken me so long to try it?

Just to end, I want to share a few thoughts that I have had this week. There are always those days/weeks where you are reminded often of the weaknesses that you have. Your struggles, distractions, insecurities, imperfections...sometimes it all just dumps on you. You want so badly to do everything right, you want to give up the natural man and just submit to God's will. You feel like you are trying to do everything in your power to accomplish what you need to, but you also still feel as if you are falling incredibly short. You feel overwhelmed, confused, conflicted, and full of doubt. I have to admit that I felt a few of those things this last week. I felt that I was working hard and doing what I was supposed to be doing, but I still felt like I was missing something. But the problem was, I didn't know how to fix it! I would study and feel like I read something that could be an answer, or hear something that someone said that also seemed like it could be an answer, I would pray, and I would work, but still something was missing. I received an impression for 3 days that I should ask for a Priesthood blessing, not really knowing the reason why. After being hard headed and trying to do it myself, I finally decided to humble myself and follow the impression I had been given. It truly was such a blessing that I did so. I didn't give a reason why I wanted one except that I had felt prompted to ask for it. How my testimony grew in knowing that my Heavenly Father knows me and loves me. Through a worthy Priesthood holder I was able to hear my Heavenly Father speak to me and tell me exactly what I needed to hear. I think for me that was what I needed to do to show Him that I was in need of His help. I had tried doing everything in my power, but I needed to partake of His. I have a testimony that our Heavenly Father and His son Jesus Christ know us personally and love us more than we can comprehend. They know our weaknesses and our struggles, but regardless of all of them, They still accept us with open arms. They want us to come to Them with our weaknesses so that through Them we can be made strong, be made perfect. I know that is a possibility because of Jesus Christ. I know that I am in need of a Savior and Redeemer. I know that I am foolish to think that I can do any of this without Him, because I know that I can't! I know that He lives and that He loves us. 

Much love!
Hermana Hoj

No comments:

Post a Comment