Monday, May 12, 2014

Long Time No See?!


Today at 12:01 PM
Hello there everyone! It was soooo good to see you all yesterday and I loved being able to talk with you. Glad to say that you are all still the same weird, quirky people that I love so much! Since I mostly told you everything that's been happening lately, this email probably won't be filled with as many stories. But know that all is well!

 
One miracle I forgot to tell you about. We found an inactive family a few weeks ago, but have mostly had contact with only the mom. There are 3 kids living with her right now. We went to visit them on Friday and her 15 year old daughter answered the door (the only one that we hadn't met yet) and invited us to come in. We sat down and started talking with her to get to know her and we asked her if she would want to come to the Mother's Day activity at the church with us that night. She didn't even hesitate, and said yes! We were able to find a ride for her and her twin brother to come with us! They are a little more on the edgy side, but they have big hearts and I'm excited to get to know them better. At first I think they were a little uncomfortable because they didn't know anyone, and there weren't a ton of the youth there. We had to leave earlier than they did because of our missionary rules, and weren't sure how they were feeling. Then yesterday, we were visiting a member family and were talking to her granddaughter who had been at the activity and found out that she had been talking to the girl and become pretty good friends with her. She really opened up to her and told her that when we came she felt like she was being given a second chance. We are so happy and so excited to get to work with them! They are so awesome and they are going to be such a great addition to the ward!
 
   The mariachi band at the Ward party! It was a surprise for the moms!
 
This week I am super grateful for the Priesthood. I was able to receive a Priesthood blessing this week and I am more sure now than I have ever been before that they are blessings directly from God. The things that were mentioned in that blessing were exactly the things that I needed to hear, and I felt so much peace, support, and comfort afterwards. I didn't give any specifics for what I needed in the blessing, but the Lord worked through him to give me the words that I needed to hear. I feel so blessed and I am so happy that we have such an incredible gift in this church.
 
I know with all of my heart that this is the true church, and through the opportunity to serve as a missionary I have been filled with joy more complete than any other. How blessed we are to have the gospel in our lives to lead us, direct us, support us, and help us return back home to our Heavenly Father. I know that it is the one way that we can get back to Him and I could not be more grateful for that. I hope you all take a moment this week to ponder how the gospel has helped you in your life and thank the Lord that He has given it to us. Love you all and hope that you have a good week! You are all in my prayers with all of the amazing things that you will be experiencing. LOVE YOU ALL!!!!

Con amor,
Hermana Hoj

No comments:

Post a Comment