Monday, March 17, 2014

Is Today Your Lucky Day?!


    This is Sabaulos. She is the cutest lady ever and has the best smile!

Well, definitely didn't realize it was St. Patrick's Day, and I definitely am not wearing green. Lets hope that everyone else forgets too, right? I got the scripture cases, and thank you so much! Now I can read the line in the white handbook about respecting your scriptures by using protective cases and not cringe! Transfers will be next week and it's looking pretty likely that I could get switched out, so I'll keep you posted on that. I'll find out on Sunday if I'm getting transferred and then if I am, I'll find out where Tuesday. So you'll have to wait a whole week to find out! haha but that's okay!

Just a few things that happened this week. Yesterday all of the missionaries gave talks in Sacrament Meeting, and my companionship talked about faith. I talked about the faith of the Ammonites and the Army of Helaman. Talk about that faith! Holy cow. I love that story so much. Not only the faith of the 2,000, but also the faith that the fathers had to let their sons go to battle in their place. Wow. So incredible. I just love the scriptures so so much. There's a quote by President Hinckley about scripture study that says "I hope that for you this will become something far more enjoyable than a duty; that rather it will become a love affair with the word of God." That's it, I'm in love! THE SCRIPTURES ARE SO GOOD!!!! That is one of my favorite things about being a missionary--all the time that we have to study, and it still doesn't seem like enough!
One other miracle from this week, J is continuing to grow more and more every day, and yesterday he paid his tithing for the first time! It's so awesome to see him demonstrate his faith, and I know that the amazing things he will be able to do in the church are just beginning.

Sorry this is all over the place, but on another note I just want to let you all know that I really appreciate all that you all do for me. I am so blessed and so lucky to have you all in my life. (And can I just say how interesting it is that all of you wrote about Alma 37:37 In your emails? I guess I know what I need to work on! Thanks for the reminder) But that is actually what I want to talk about in my email today--mi familia! I have had some experiences this week that have really made me realize how lucky I am to have such an incredible family. As missionaries we have the opportunity to talk to a lot of people about their lives and lets just say that people feel really comfortable opening up to us...so they tell us a lot. A lot of people have opened up to us about their family lives and their past family lives, and I just have to say that I am so grateful, SO GRATEFUL, that our family has been centered and founded in Jesus Christ and His gospel. Why did I get so lucky to get to come to such an incredible family? I feel so blessed that I have been able to feel of such love and support throughout my whole life. I am so grateful for all of you!!! I realized how important it is to say I love you a little more often, because it can really change a whole lot. So that's what I want to do today, let you all know that I love you.
Dad--I love you because you are a stalwart example of someone who is always striving to be Christlike. One thing that I have learned from you is that I need to put my trust in the Lord at all times, and even when it is hard the reward will always be greater.
Mom--I love you because of the endless hours and effort that you put into serving others. You really have grasped and understood the concept of putting other people first in your life, and I am so so lucky to be a recipient of your service.
Jake--I love you because you are so quick to recognize when others are in need of help, and you don't hesitate to do what you can to show your love for them. Then the other thing that I want to say that goes for both you and Tay is that I love you both because you honor your priesthood.
Erin--I love you because you are so happy. I honestly don't think I have ever seen you upset! Your happiness and positive attitude help other people feel that same way.
Taylor--I love you because you are so diligent in becoming better every single day. You set goals, and more importantly you follow through!
Liv--I love you because you recognize your role as a daughter of God. You know that you have a divine potential and you have a gift of helping others recognize this by the way you love and treat them.
So my family, I LOVE YOU! And please know that I mean that con todo mi corazon. Thank you again for all that you do to help me! Have an amazing week, and don't forget to pray and read your scriptures every single day!
 
                 Why am I so weird and obsessed with llamas?
                            Who knows but I love them!

 
Hey Ya'll!!!

Loooooooove, Hermana Hoj
 

No comments:

Post a Comment