Monday, March 24, 2014

El Momento de ir is here!


 

                                         My little lizard friend!
Hey there fam,
 
Don't ya just love my little Spanglish rhyme? I don't know that I can rhyme in Spanish yet...so therefore, Spanglish. haha so anyways as you can see by the title of my email, I am indeed getting transferred. So I will find out tomorrow where I will be going! Yes, I am a little sad because I love this area, all the people, and of course my awesome companions, but I know the Lord has helped me do what I needed to here in this area and now I've got the opportunity to go work somewhere else! So it's a good thing too. As far as the birthday package that you want to send, when I get my new address tomorrow I'll send you a letter with it on it and hopefully you can get it in time to send it before you leave. (Oh and tell the Daltons thank you for the birthday gift! Love the skirts!!!)
 
Here's a little review of some things that happened this past week (lots of random stuff too). Made some fresh squeezed OJ, WENT TO THE TEMPLE...WHOOO, threw up for the first time since fourth or fifth grade--so that was fun, found the funniest picture of a llama that I have ever seen in my entire life (to the point where I was bawling from laughing so hard), had a homecoming talk in our ward, and now I'm getting transferred. It's been a busy, crazy, fun, and miracle filled week!
              
                           The infamous llama picture. Doesn't look like
                            he and Hermana Burnham are buddies!
 
To expand a little more on a few miracles. During our weekly planning this week we felt like we really should try to hold an FHE with some families in our ward and were trying to figure out how to set it up. Right before that we had texted a member asking if we could come visit her and her family this week because we haven't seen them in a long time. She responded by saying "why don't you come on Monday night? We'll do a Noche de Hogar and you can invite another family or investigators." What? Did that really just happen? Such a miracle! So now we are doing it tonight right before I leave. Then on Saturday we stopped by a potential to see if we could get in with her. She had friends over so we set up a return appointment. As we started to walk away there was a man cleaning out his car in front of the house and he said "son mormones?" Yeah we are! So we started talking to him, and long story short, he is a former investigator that we tried to visit again but he had moved. And then we just found him again! The Lord is so good at putting us in the right places at the right time. This man has already been to church 4 times and received a lot of the lessons, so I think that he could really be prepared to accept this great message. Miracles are everywhere! Being a missionary is the most rewarding experience ever--being able to witness the Lord's hands in everything you do. He's moving us where we need to be, carrying us forward through the moments that are the hardest, and shaping us into that person that only He knows we can become. We've just got to let Him help us!
 
I want to end the letter this week with one of my favorite quotes from Our Search For Happiness. I hope it will affect you the same way I have been affected by it.
"And an interesting thing happens whenever you attempt to place your feet in Christ's footsteps. If you really concentrate on trying to walk the way He walked--loving, caring, serving, and obeying each step of the way--one day you'll look up and discover that His path has led you directly to the throne of God." -M. Russell Ballard
 
Wow, I just think that is incredible. He makes it seem so simple, so achievable. And I know it is something that everyone can achieve if we can just do what he says--follow Jesus Christ. That's what I get to invite people to do all day every day. How lucky am I? Hasta la proxima semana! Love you lots and have a splendid week!
 
 
 
                           Hermanas Burnham, Hoj, and McOmber
 
 
much love,
Hermana Hoj

No comments:

Post a Comment