Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Letting the Lord Shape Me


  
 
One of our favorites! Little Marcitos
 
How is my amazing family doing this week? It's good to hear from you! I'm glad to hear that everything went well with Stake Conference and that you are all staying busy. Dad, you should send me your talks so I can read them and learn from your wisdom as well! haha and maybe it'll give us some ideas of how to better incorporate members into our work as well. It really is so crucial! Members make a big difference, and it's through members that missionaries can find the greatest success. 
Missionary work here in the Houston Texas Mission is really picking up, and the Lord has work for us to do! As a mission, our new goal is to baptize weekly. At first, that terrified me, not going to lie! But what I've realized is that it's not something that's going to just happen. We need to work with that goal in mind and see how the Lord will prepare us and the people we teach to work together to make it happen in His time. We feel so blessed though, because this week we really have seen the urgency in the Lord's work, He is picking things up! At the end of this week as we were looking back on what we have accomplished we can see that the Lord is going to help us do great things here in the Woodlands! We have found a lot of new people to teach this week, and we have more progressing investigators than ever before. And.....WE HAVE A BAPTISMAL DATE!!! Yay!!! I really don't even know how to express my excitement! So if you remember the miracle I wrote about last week, he is the same person that we set a baptismal date with. His name is Jair, and it is so incredible to see someone have such a strong desire to change and to come closer to our Heavenly Father. He's been taught by the missionaries before, but didn't feel ready for baptism. However, now he's preparing to be baptized on February 15th! One thing that I have really recognized as a missionary is that you really have to trust in the Lord's timing. I'm sure the missionaries that taught him before thought that he would get baptized while they were teaching him, but now because of the work that they have been able to accomplish with him, he is being prepared to enter into the fold of God! How incredible is that? So I am grateful for those missionaries that helped teach him, and grateful that now I have the opportunity to help him. You never know how you can influence someone. Even though they weren't able to see results right away, look at him now! Really, it is all in the timing of the Lord, we just need to have patience--even though that is sometimes the hardest thing in the world!
 
 

                        Some of our investigators that we just love!
         
I don't have much else to say this week, but I just want to end by saying that I LOVE MY MISSION. I have experienced some of the hardest days of my life and some of the happiest. There are days when my heart wants to break and others when it feels like it is about to explode with joy. I am continually recognizing more and more of the importance behind my purpose as a missionary and how through this gospel, hearts and lives change. I am so lucky to be here right now to invite others to take part in something that has changed my life and filled it with an indescribable joy--and that it is available to everyone! I don't even know how to explain my feelings, I've been writing this last paragraph for the past ten minutes and I still don't feel like it comes close to doing it justice. But I hope that you can read it and get a sense of what I mean. Even though I'm inviting others to change their lives, mine is undergoing change that I never could have expected or imagined, but I am so grateful for it. I am just trying to do all I can to understand what it is that the Lord wants me to become and to get there! I know that He has great plans in store for each and every one of us. Thank you for your love, support, advice, etc. I couldn't be doing this without you all! LOVE YOU!!!! Make this a good week and keep it up with your own missionary work. :) You will be so blessed for it!

Con MUCHISIMO amor,
Hermana Hoj

No comments:

Post a Comment