Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Focusing on the Spirit (also Chobani Flips are awesome!)


Jan 13 at 3:09 PM
Hola hola! Que tal? 
 

This week has been so incredible and we have seen a ton of great miracles. I've been trying a lot harder this week to focus on the Spirit and the things that I need to do to recognize and be more receptive to the Spirit and then do it! What's the point in recognizing the Spirit if you're not going to do anything about it? You've got to have confidence in the Lord and also confidence in yourself, because He's not going to give you the answer to absolutely everything. We wouldn't be able to grow if that was the case! Hermana Burnham is absolutely awesome, already love her so so much! We get along really well and she's got a great sense of humor and she cracks me up! She is also one of the most hard working and persevering missionaries that I know. So needless to say, I am lucky to work with her and learn from her!

Just a couple random things to get out of the way before I tell you more about my week. Mom, (well everyone really) you've got to try the Chobani flips (greek yogurt). Sooooo delicious. Mom, there's a key lime pie one that I ate this week and oh boy was it good. I was thinking about you the whole time, reminiscing on our trips to Rumbis to get some pie. haha so you should try it, it's really good! The coconut one is also just stellar. Wow, all of them are. And more about food, I had the best fish tacos I have ever had this week at one of our members houses. Mmmmmm. So good! So good!

We also heard about our new mission president from President Pingree. He said that he is from Irvine, California and that they have six kids! President Pingree said that he talked to him and that he seems really great. So it should be good, but at the same time so sad to say goodbye to the Pingrees. But I'm just going to appreciate them while I have them and not think too much about them leaving. :) Also, Hermana Burnham and I got a call today from one of the Stake Relief Society Presidents and found out that we get to go help at a big conference this weekend where Sheri Dew will be coming to speak! We are so excited, and feel so privileged to have this opportunity, because I don't think many missionaries get to go. So I will let you know how that goes as well!

Alright, for the miracles of the week. There have been lots, but I'll share with you two that are just so great. Also, I finished my journal and started a new one and decided that I wanted to do something a little different this time around. Because it's so impossible to write absolutely everything down, I decided to write a funny moment of the day, miracle of the day, and advice of the day. I'm loving it so far! Anyways, to the miracles....
We went to visit a potential family to see if we could get in with them. The mom answered the door and said that we could come another day, but it wasn't very convincing. Kind of one of those things where you know that they probably won't be there. So we walked away from the house and decided to go knock on a few of their neighbor's doors. A few minutes later a young man pulled up to us and said "Hey sorry, was that you that just came to my house? I want to apologize for my parents not letting you in, if it was my house I would have. But I came to church last Sunday with my cousin and I want to get baptized as soon as possible." Whaaaat?! Did I hear that right? We waited for him to pull away and kind of had a freak out moment like Did that really just happen? He's taken the missionary discussions before, so we just need to start meeting with him and then we can help him get baptized! Whoo!! We were so so so happy! We celebrated with a milkshake for dinner. haha
 
The best part of this picture is what is happening outside
  my window . . . (We didn't even notice till after we
            emailed it to everyone!)
 
 
Miracle number 2. One of our top progressing investigators came to church yesterday! Yay! He has been trying to get work off for so long so that he could come and he finally made it! We have been meeting with him since I got here and he was finally able to get to church! Yay!! It was so awesome too, because so many of the members came up to him after to welcome him and introduce themselves. So I think he felt welcomed and that he had a good experience.

One thing that I have learned this week is that if after a day of hard work you don't see many results, don't beat yourself up! As long as you are giving it your all you will be blessed for your efforts. Later on down the road you will see the results of your hard work. Just got to be patient. So that's pretty much it with me for this week! I am loving the work that I am able to be a part of and I am continually learning and progressing.Wow. I am so lucky. Wow. Okay well I love you all so much and hope that you have a great week! Love hearing from you, and you are all in my prayers. LOVE YOU!!!

Hermana Hoj

No comments:

Post a Comment