Tuesday, December 3, 2013

25 Days of Christmas. . . . . A gift from Hermana Hoj


A package arrived today from Hermana Annie.
A little box full of handmade red and green envelopes, one for each day
of December up until Christmas.
She asked that we share them with the readers of her blog.
This is her explanation of what she would like each of us to gain and learn from her thoughts.

"I decided to make my own 25 days of Christmas. This is a compilation of
some of my favorite scriptures, or scriptures that have begun to have more
meaning to me on my mission through my studies and experiences. We like
to call them "Feliz escrituras" because they make us so happy!
Each day, read, study, ponder, and share the scripture for that day. Think
about it throughout the day, then find a way to act on it and apply it that day.
I promise you that you will receive strength and blessings that you didn't even
know existed and that you will grow closer to our Savior as a result."

So Feliz Navidad from Hermana Hoj!

We will share days 1, 2 and 3 today then post one a day until Christmas!

December 1st

3 Nephi 18:21
"Pray in your families unto the Father, always in my name, that your wives
and your children may be blessed."

"A family that prays together stays together. I want to challenge you to pray
together as a family every single day this month! I know life is crazy busy,
but when you put the Lord first, He helps us find a way to do it all.
You can do it!"

December 2nd

Proverbs 15:13
"A merry heart maketh a cheerful countenance: but by sorrow of the heart the spirit is broken."

Proverbs 17:22
"A merry heart doeth good like a medicine: but a broken spirit drieth the bones."

"I want you all to have a "merry heart" so that you can have a Merry Christmas! Always go about with a cheerful countenance and give others a reason to rejoice. Be that medicine for someone this holiday season!"

December 3rd

2 Corinthians 12:9-10
"And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.
Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong."

Ether 12:27
"And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them."

"Christ receives His power as He works through our weakness. That is how His power is manifested. How incredible is that? Not only are we receiving strength, but our Savior is too. When we are weak, we can be made strong through Jesus Christ. What an incredible gift."

No comments:

Post a Comment