Monday, February 16, 2015

THE SECOND TO LAST. . . . . . . . . . . . .

Hola a todos!
 
I hope that all is well with y'all! It sounds like you are staying busy and enjoying life! I'm excited to tell you a little bit about some of the experiences we had this week.
 



 
Our Valentine treat boxes from the Spanish Primary
How awesome is that?!
 
On Tuesday we had Zone Conference--always such an uplifting experience! We talked about the third lesson, the Gospel of Jesus Christ and how to master teach it. So we did a lot of role plays. :) We also got a new little machine for our cars called the TiWi...so what it does is keeps us safe. haha It monitors our speed, if we stop, accelerate, or turn too fast, and if we have our seat belts on. It warns us if we are going to fast or tells us that we are driving aggressively. haha But, we are doing great! It hasn't chastised us yet! So we're trying to drive really good. Sometimes we get honked at for going too slow, but we're being obedient so all is well. haha This was also my last Zone Conference, so I gave my departing testimony--that was so weird. I remember sitting in my first Zone Conference listening to the departing missionaries share their testimonies, and then in the blink of an eye it was my turn. How did that happen?! The Lord has and is blessing me so so much! I am so grateful for that. So let me tell you more about the miracles we have seen this week regardless of the trials we have been facing.
 
 
P's Baptism
 
First off, we had the best Valentine's Day ever--filled with God's love! P was baptized!!! It was such a happy day, such a happy experience! Hermana Saenz and I both had the opportunity to speak at his baptism. I spoke on baptism and she spoke on the Holy Ghost. It was such a privilege for me, and I was learning so much as I prepared--my testimony was strengthened and I was reminded of the importance of the covenants we make at baptism. At the end of the baptism, the 6 missionaries in our ward sung Mas Cerca Dios de Ti (Nearer My God to Thee) for the closing hymn, and wow was the Spirit strong. I looked out at P, C, and J as we were singing and it was obvious to see the Spirit they were feeling. They were smiling, and P's eyes were teary. It was such a beautiful experience. I am so grateful that God permitted me to still be here to take part in his baptism. It is so amazing to see the change that the Spirit and the power of the Atonement cause. During my mission I have been able to see that in many others, and especially in myself. It's truly a miracle! Unfortunately, they got food poisoning and couldn't make it to church on Sunday, so he has to wait until next week to be confirmed. A lot of our progressing investigators got sick this week and weren't able to come to church. :( But that's okay, they'll be able to come next week. But...guess who DID come to church? R!!! Yay!!! It was her first time being there in months, and she was so happy to be there. She was just beaming, and it made my whole day to see her there. C was there too, and we were able to visit with her yesterday and had an awesome lesson with her. She's going to get baptized soon! We were able to recognize and solve some of her concerns with baptism, and you could tell there was a change of confidence within her. Her sister N is so awesome too. N is the only member in her family and she is working and praying so hard for her sister! So amazing. I love them so much! Such a wonderful family!
 
 
Hermana Nunez . . . . I LOVE THIS WOMAN!!!!!
 
Here is my big learning moment of the week. Yesterday started off a little rough for the two of us. We were really sad about P not being able to come to church when he was supposed to get the gift of the Holy Ghost, and then some things just kept getting thrown on top of us and we just felt like we weren't able to help everyone with their needs. We felt as if we were letting a lot of people down, and so we were very frustrated with ourselves. We had been asked to teach the Relief Society lesson in the English ward though, and the lesson was made for us. I'm telling you, it was absolutely exactly what we needed. It was called "Living Joyfully in Troubled Times." As we were going through that experience, that was the only thing that I could think about, and it helped me so much. There was so much in that lesson that just applied exactly to us in that situation and to my situation as well with my mission coming to an end. I have a testimony that the gospel is the solution to our happiness. I felt that more profoundly yesterday than perhaps during my entire life. The Gospel of Jesus Christ is what we need to be TRULY happy! "Happiness must be earned from day to day. But it is worth the effort." How true that is! Make the effort to choose happiness every day of your lives, and seek that happiness from our Savior Jesus Christ. "Be cheerful in all that you do. Live joyfully. Live happily. Live enthusiastically, knowing that God does not dwell in gloom and melancholy, but in light and love." ALWAYS REMEMBER THAT!!! Seek happiness in all that you do and you will be utterly filled with the Savior's love. That is my goal this week. I'm going to make the last week of my mission the best, and the happiest that I've had so far. We're going to finish this off strong. I love you all so much! Thank you for all of your prayers and love. YOU ARE THE BEST!!!
 
Con MUCHISISISIMO amor,
Hermana Hoj

No comments:

Post a Comment