Monday, February 23, 2015

All Because of Him - A Final Testimony

So remember how last week I said we were going to make my last week one of the best? Well, it has come true. The Lord has blessed us tremendously! This has honestly been one of the most amazing weeks of my mission. FULL OF MIRACLES. Get ready,because you may just be crying by the end of this because of the miracles we've seen, I know I'll be crying as I type this.

First off, yesterday was the best Sunday ever! P was confirmed, and D, C, and R all came to church! I just looked out at everyone and I was so filled with joy and gratitude for so many amazing people that have blessed my life. Such a good day.
 
 
"C" and her beautiful family
 
So if you remember, we have been teaching C. She has been thinking a lot about baptism, but there are a few things that were holding her back from baptism. She had a few concerns about the Virgin Mary, and she also needs to get married in order to be baptized. Last week we had an amazing lesson with her about prayer and emphasized the importance of asking the Lord specific questions, and you will receive specific answers. So this is what happened. Hermana Saenz and I were on exchanges with other Hermanas on Tuesday and when I came back on Wednesday we were eating lunch at Subway and she turns to me and says, "I have a picture to show you." So I look at it and it is a marriage license with C and A's names on it! Ahhhh!!! Just wait it keeps getting better. So C dropped A off at work and she got home from school early, so she had time to read and pray. She was praying to know about the Virgin Mary and also about marriage when she heard a knock on the door. She was home alone so she had no idea who it would be. She answered the door, and A was standing there. She asked him "Why aren't you at work?" He didn't even respond to her question and just said "Let's go get married." So they got the marriage license and they are getting married on Wednesday!! C took that experience as a sign that she needs to get baptized, so she will be getting baptized within the next couple of weeks! That is honestly one of the most amazing miracles ever! She was showing the Lord her faith through prayer, and He answered her so immediately! It's amazing too, because A was hesitant about getting married, but something changed his mind--I'm convinced it was the Spirit. :) She also said that she received an answer about the Virgin Mary--she feels that she has been idolizing her too much and needs to change that. The Spirit testifies of truth!!! We are fasting with her right now for her to know when she should get baptized and that she will be able to overcome any doubts that may be put in her path. She is incredible! I said goodbye to them last night, man I am going to miss her and her girls and N so much! I am so happy for her though, that she was able to receive her answer. Now she's getting married and baptized! SO HAPPY!!!!!!

Then, that very same day, guess what else happened? We set a baptismal date with D!! She's going to get baptized on March 14th!!! We taught her the Plan of Salvation--I love teaching that lesson. She was soaking it in like a sponge and LOVED it. It made so much sense to her. Because it's true! Before we could even ask her the question about getting baptized, she said "Sisters, I know what you're going to ask, and I think I'm ready." Ahhh!!! MIRACLES!!!! I was absolutely blown away by how many amazing things were happening, and the Lord was in it all. We taught the Plan twice that day and both times they each told us, "You all are really good." I just looked at them and said "It's not us. It's the Spirit." That is something that really really hit me this week. I had the opportunity to finish el Libro de Mormon for the last time as a missionary on Sunday and I was so humbled and so filled with God's love. I focused on the fruits of the Spirit as I read it this time. As I read Ether 12:27 it made me think about another scripture in Jacob 4:7 which says, 
"Nevertheless, the Lord God showeth us our weakness that we may know that it is by his grace, and his great condescensions unto the children of men, that we have power to do these things." As I read that, it hit me that everything that I have seen, experienced, and done while on my mission wasn't because of me. The Lord did it all. I am nothing without Him! I was filled with an inexpressible gratitude for Him because everything that has happened while on my mission is all because of Him. I owe everything to Him--everything. I realized that I came on my mission deeply indebted to my Savior, and that I will come back owing Him even more. I cannot possibly express to you the joy I feel representing Jesus Christ as a full time missionary. As I come home I do not intend to stop representing Him. When He asked me to be His disciple, it wasn't just for the 18 months that I am a missionary, it was for time and all eternity. I will strive to represent Him my entire life, because I love Him. I owe Him everything. I am more sure than ever before that He lives and that He is my Savior and Redeemer. I am full of joy and full of gratitude. As I have studied the fruits of the Spirit, I have been filled with them. I cannot tell you the joy that has filled my soul as I have served as a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I know that this church is true. I have no doubt about it. I honestly just don't even know how to express the feelings I have right now. I am so happy to be a missionary!!! 
 
                                                                                                             
                I will always love the people I have served with in Houston!
 So, I will end with this.                                                                    
"I do not boast in my own strength, nor in my own wisdom; but behold, my joy is full, yea, my heart is brim with joy, and I will rejoice in my God.
Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever."
It is all I can do right now to pour my heart out in gratitude to God for all that He has done for me. My heart is overflowing. I will praise His name forever. GOD IS GOOD.
I love you all so much and want to thank you for the amazing support that you have been to me while I have served. I couldn't have done it without you. I LOVE YOU ALL!! See you soon! :) 
Con muchisisisisimo amor,
Hermana Hoj


 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment