Monday, June 23, 2014

Yet Another Wonderful Week in Louetta!

Hello to all who I love so much!

                             Hermanas Miller, Hoj, Hill and De la O

How are you all doing this week? One gross thing that happened to me this week....I ate brain...I don't even know what to say about that...gross. Aside from that, this week has been so amazing and one of soooo many miracles! Yes, I indeed did get a new companion! Her name is Hermana Miller and she is from Layton, Utah. She is AWESOME! Really though she is so great. She is 20 as well and has been out for a little over a year. We were actually at BYU during the same time! She was in the same ward as some of my friends from high school...small world, huh? We have a lot of things in common...we love being missionaries (of course), we love soccer, we love fruit, we love peanut butter, we love exercising in the morning (so much so that we even wake up a little early), and there's so much more and I'm sure a lot more that we don't even realize yet. haha but it has been good. She is such a hard worker and is so diligent and obedient. I am already seeing myself become better as a result of being companions with her. I am so very blessed! The first two days we were together we were actually with Hermana Hill as well. She is training this transfer, so we were working with her until her new companion got here. So that was fun too. I also feel very humbled, because the night before transfers I got a call from the AP's and found out that I am going to be a Sister Training Leader. Not going to lie I was a little nervous for that! I've seen some incredible STL's in the past, and I have a lot to live up to! It will be a learning experience for me for sure, but I know that the Lord is going to help me and I feel very grateful to have the opportunity to serve in this calling. Hermana Miller has been an STL as well, so she can help me along the way. :) 
 
                          
                              Hermana Miller and I with Sister Gaytan

Wow, what a week. Where to begin? We did some serious contacting this week and found a whole handful of new potential investigators. The Lord is guiding us to those who are prepared! One of the miracles we had this week was through a part member, less active family. We got a call from Hermana Claudia asking us to come over, her son from Mexico was in town and she told us that he wanted to talk to us. He has been a bishop in Mexico and is a very faithful member. As we were talking he said "I wanted to ask you a favor. I was hoping that you could begin teaching my youngest sister (Bianca, who lives with her mom, Claudia). She is the only person in our family who is not a member, and I think that with what is going on in her life right now, she is ready to learn about the gospel." She was sitting there with us, and we turned to her as she was wiping tears from her eyes and asked, "Well, what do you think about that?" And she wants to take the lessons! We know some hard things that have been going on in their family, but not everything. There is something that has brought her to this point, and I know that we can help her find the greatest happiness that she will ever find if she will accept the gospel. The Lord works through so many different means to bring about His work, and we have to be ready and willing to sacrifice to make it all happen. I feel so blessed and so grateful to be a missionary! I am able to recognize the Lord's hand in my life so much more as a missionary, and I hope that is something that I can continue to have with me throughout my life. We are so blessed as missionaries, and I am so blessed to be a missionary! During studies this week I was thinking about the role that the Holy Ghost has had in my conversion. There hasn't been one singular moment where everything just clicked and fell into place, but I have had many little experiences that when all put together, have created the testimony I now have. The Spirit has blessed me to know right from wrong and helps me stand firm in the decision to do what is right. However, I think the biggest role the Spirit has played in my life is testifying to me of the truthfulness of the gospel. I know that when I feel the Spirit that I am accepted of the Lord and that He is proud of what I am doing. I know that the Spirit is what has helped me gain my testimony as it testifies to me. I learn through the Spirit, I try to act through the Spirit, and I am trying to align my will with the Lord through the Spirit. The Spirit has been the most crucial part of my conversion, because without the Spirit I could not know the truth for myself. Then it clicked, even though I have heard it one million and one times, how crucial the Spirit is in the conversion of those who I teach. Without the Spirit, they cannot know! Seeing the role of the Spirit in my conversion really made it evident to me how important the Spirit is in the teaching process. Wow, I am just learning so much every day and also realizing how much I still have to learn! It's a process, but I'll get there! Thank you all for your love and support for me and my mission. I feel of your prayers and I am so blessed to have a family full of the best people ever. Because, you are! I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH!!!!
 
 
                               Teaching the Primary kids on Sunday
xoxo,
Hermana Hoj

love love love love love (in honor of Taylor returning to the motherland) 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment