Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Purpose our Lives

Hey there mi querida familia!

 
                                            The Birthday Girl!
                              
Whoa. Yep. I'm 20. haha So I had a great birthday and want to thank you for your additions as well! I loved it all and feel so blessed to be so loved. You are all remarkable!! I ate lots and lots of cake to say the least...my companion and room mates made me cake, and then I went to dinner at a members house that night and they fed me homemade alfredo and then more cake! haha So I'm all sugared out this week and for that reason have decided to go off of sugar for awhile. So mom, that means no more candy, okay? haha I'm not going to eat it, so keep sending me the things you sent me in the birthday package. So my birthday was great, my companion helped make sure it was a good one for me, she is so caring and loving and I am learning lots of things from her. So it was definitely a good day, and a good week too.
 

I don't know about you, but I have been spiritually edified. So the majority of this letter is going to be centered on General Conference because it is the best. I have loved every moment of it and almost cried when it was over. But, in another six months we'll get it again! I watched three of the sessions in conference, and one in Spanish which was really good for me. It forced me to think more simply, and rather than writing down what they said word for word I was able to write down the thoughts and impressions that came to my mind as a result of their words. I was trying to do that all of conference, but didn't quite get it until that one in Spanish. All of the talks were so incredible and I learned so much. I really loved Elder Bednar's talk though, He testified so strongly of the Atonement and was able to illustrate it so well through his example. I loved that he said the burdens we have are not taken away from us, rather we are made stronger to lift them with more ease. We must learn from and accept our circumstances rather than begging the Lord to change them. It really made me think, do I apply the Atonement of Jesus Christ every day of my life? There are so many ways to do so if we will constantly turn our thoughts to the Lord, and remember that there is nothing we will go through that the Savior did not first experience. So incredible. For one of the sessions we sat with two girls that are in our ward, and what an example they are to me! One of them, (she's 11) was writing such inspired notes, and they were so simple, yet so powerful. There was one thing she wrote down that really hit me and I've been thinking about it a lot since. Usually as missionaries we recite our purpose all the time and we are thinking about our purpose, teaching our purpose, and constantly asking ourselves "What is my purpose?" She wrote something down around these lines, but instead of writing down Live our Purpose, she wrote "Purpose our Lives." I've really been pondering this over and over and over again. We have been given a purpose, and we may recognize it, but that is to no avail if we do not live it. We must at all times add a purpose to our lives, but a purpose centered around our Savior Jesus Christ. I've been thinking about what I can do to continually "purpose my life" and it's so interesting and so inspiring! So I invite all of you to think about that. How will you purpose your lives? Think about it and let me know your thoughts. I love you all more than you could ever know! (and I know I say that alllll the time, but it doesn't make it any less true.) LOVE YOU ALL!!!!!!! 

Hermana Hoj

No comments:

Post a Comment