Monday, April 21, 2014

One very special Easter Sunday


 
 

 My giant Easter basket!
 
Happy late Easter to everyone! Isn't it such an amazing holiday? I've had some incredible experiences this week, and I'm excited to share them with you. (Oh and thank you for the little surprise Easter gift. Loved the card too!) But first I just want to tell you about some funny things that happened this week. First off, my bishop went to Utah to drop his daughter off at the MTC. I called him a couple days ago to ask him a question and he asks me, Does your family have a forklift company? haha He saw the billboard and thought, well there can't be too many Hoj's. So that was a funny coincidence. Then this one I was cracking up. So random and I don't really know why I'm sharing it with you, but I thought it was so funny. We were at a member's house this week with one of our investigators teaching a lesson and I had to go to the bathroom. So I walk into the bathroom and saw the book Twilight sitting next to the toilet and something was written on the cover. I assumed it was for people to read while they were in the bathroom, but then I got closer and read it, and guess what it said? Emergency toilet paper. hahahahahaha I was just cracking up, me, myself, and I in the bathroom. hahaha hopefully no one gets too offended by that but I just thought it was funny. 
 
 

                          Another crazy Texas mailbox - one of my favorites!
 
Okay, now to the serious stuff. Here are a few miracles of the week. There is a less active family in our ward that we have been working with,the mom and the daughters have been coming to church more, but I still haven't met their dad. They have all been baptized, but when they moved from Mexico the records for their two daughters were lost. So they need to be re-baptized. The dad said that he wanted to shape up to be able to baptize them, but he hasn't been showing much interest in changing, so we have been a little stuck. We were able to meet them this week, and she called her husband and he gave permission for the Elders to baptize the girls! We were so excited, and now we have a baptismal date set for them as well! So we hope that he doesn't change his mind and that they will be able to get baptized the 10 of May! Yesterday at church we also had miracles. 3 less actives (and I mean really less actives) came to church! I don't know if it was just because it was Easter, but we had visited them just a few days earlier in the week and invited them to come again. So that was a miracle! One of them is the sassiest 15 year old I've ever met, Mercedes, and I just love her to death. She did not want to come to church, but we convinced her. She came and while we were talking to her after I asked, "How was church?" Her response made me smile, and made my whole day. She said "I feel so happy! It really is amazing what the Spirit can do. I seriously almost cried in one of my classes!" So needless to say, by the end of it she was really happy she went. I think she was nervous about people saying "where have you been?" or "look who decided to show up." But it was the complete opposite, everyone responded with such love and were so happy to see her there again. So that was a great miracle.
 
 
                                          Love this family!
 
It's so interesting to look back on every week and recognize all the things that you have learned. This week has been huge for me. I have had some really interesting experiences this week that have caused me to reflect on how I have used the Atonement in my life. I have never been so grateful for the Savior, and as we celebrated His life yesterday my testimony was strengthened even more. Everything that I have I owe to Him. Sometimes I wish there was more I could do to try to even out the debt between us, but then I remember that as I strive to do my very best and help others come to know Him and understand His Atonement, that will be enough for Him. That's all that He asks of us. Seems pretty small in comparison, doesn't it? Yesterday was a very special day for me as the Spirit testified to me as I testified to others of the divinity and life of Jesus Christ. We shared The Living Christ a few times, and it really hit me--all that He did for us, who He is, and most importantly--that He lives. Right now I have the most amazing opportunity to be a representative of Him and testify of Him every single day. Yesterday was really special to be able to testify of Him as I am a representative of Him. I am blessed to have such an amazing, incredible, and unique opportunity. I am so grateful to be a missionary. I will forever be grateful for Jesus Christ, for the life He lived here on the earth, and for the fact that He still lives. I know that because of Him, one day I can return and live once again in the presence of Him and Heavenly Father. What a glorious day that will be. I hope that you all were able to take a moment yesterday to appreciate all that the Savior has done for you, and express your sincere love to Him. I know with all my heart that He loves each and everyone of you perfectly. He will always be there to help you, His love is perfect, infinite, and simply always there, whether it is something we feel we deserve or not. It is always, always there. And, I hope that you all know how much I love each and every one of you! You are in my prayers every day! I hope the last little bit of school ends well for everyone! Good luck! And when the moments get tough, remember that I'm here praying for you. haha I don't know if that's much motivation, but know that I love you all. Have a great week!!

Love love love love love
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo
Hermana Hoj
 


 
 


 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment