Monday, December 1, 2014

A Fond Farewell to Huntsville

Hey y'all!


It sounds like you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving! Aren't we so very blessed? I just cannot stop thinking about how blessed I am right now. I am so grateful for everything we have, and most importantly, the gospel. To use Jo Ann's words, "It's the best of the best." 
 
A little Texas hay bale art!
 
 

So I'll tell you a little bit about what we did for Thanksgiving! It all starts off with eating way too much. haha We started off the day with G--she is just the sweetest girl. We shared a Thanksgiving message with her and asked her to share with us what she was grateful for. She said something that I love so so much. "I'm grateful for what I have and what I don't have. If I had everything, then I wouldn't be grateful." Wise words for a 17 year old! It definitely made me think, and it is so true. Then the rest of the day we were kind of house hopping. We were invited to eat Thanksgiving dinner/lunch about 4 times, but we had one big dinner that we had to prepare ourselves for that night, so we told them that and had I guess what you would call "tastes" of some of the food that they had. We went to the Shiver's house for our big Thanksgiving dinner and had delicious food! It was all traditional Thanksgiving foods, and my favorite part is always the pumpkin pie. So yummy! We also visited Jo Ann (she was the one that sent y'all the picture of us), Ken and Lori, Brother and Sister Teemley...it was a good day! But the best part of the day was just being able to be with so many people that you just love so much! That's really what it is all about. Of course I missed all of you, but I was being well taken care of here. I'm so so so grateful for the amazing people in my life, and for the opportunity I have had to meet so many amazing people while being on my mission. It makes me just so so happy. I can't ever explain the way I feel!
We had some amazing miracles at church on Sunday...the A family came for the first time! I love that family so much! They are so wonderful and are so prepared to accept the gospel and apply it as a family. They loved church! We also taught them about the Gospel of Jesus Christ that night--you can see in them that they know it is true. It makes me so happy to see the happiness and hope that is brought to them as they learn more about the Savior and His gospel. The next miracle has a little bit of back story. On Saturday afternoon we were going to visit a potential family and when we knocked on their door about 10 people came and answered it. They had family over for the holiday break so we weren't able to meet with them right then. Many of the little kids came out and we gave them pass along cards with pictures of Christ on them. One of the little girls said that she wanted to come to church and asked if we could write on the card. We wrote our phone number and the address of the church on the back of the card. Sunday morning comes and we are greeting the members and investigators that are there for church, and here comes the same 7 year old girl we talked to the day before with her grandma! Her grandma said that J woke her up that morning and she said "Grandma, we need to go to church today!", showed her the little card, and then they got up and came. They stayed for all 3 hours and her Grandma, M, was making so many wonderful comments in the Spanish Sunday School class! It was so amazing that the desire J had to come to church was seen by her grandma and they were able to come. We were so surprised, and so grateful! They really enjoyed it and want to come back again next week.
 
 
I will miss these amazing people!
College Station 2 Zone
 
 
I am so thankful for my time with Hermana Loo
She is amazing!

This last week truly has been so marvelous for me. I have had many epiphanies this week that have helped me to understand why it was that the Lord sent me here to Huntsville, Texas. And as I recognized that, it's now time for a change. Transfer calls came in last night, and the Lord needs me to go somewhere else now. I am so very grateful for the many incredible opportunities I have had, the miracles I have seen, the people I have met, and the changes that I have made while I have been in Huntsville. I know that it was all for a reason, because I can see the necessity of it all in my own personal life. The Lord knows me so well and He knows exactly what I need, and even if I am not able to see it on my own He helps me put all the pieces together. Once I can see the big picture, He knows that I have more growing to do and that changes are ahead. I will always treasure Huntsville and the experiences I've had and the people I have met here. I am ready and excited for the new change that is ahead for me. This week I learned that I need to have faith in the future, that the Lord has even better things ahead for me. As I came to that realization, I was filled with peace and I know that I am going where the Lord needs me to go and will be doing what He needs me to do. I'm going to end with a quote from Elder Holland.

"The past is to be learned from but not lived in. We look back to claim the embers from glowing experiences but not the ashes. And when we have learned what we need to learn and have brought with us the best that we have experienced, then we look ahead, we remember that faith is always pointed toward the future. Faith always has to do with blessings and truths and events that will yet be efficacious in our lives." Here I go, wish me luck!

Con muchisimo amor,
Hermana Hoj

No comments:

Post a Comment