Thursday, November 6, 2014

Recognizing the Atonement in our own Lives

So I've only got an hour and a half to email now, so I've got to bust this thing out real quick. So I apologize beforehand if it's crazy scattered. So I am emailing late because we had a Zone Conference on Monday where Elder Corbridge of the Seventy came and talked to us. It was really amazing to hear from him! The Spirit was so strong and I definitely learned things that I need to apply to be a better missionary. So now here I am writing you today instead! We went to the temple this morning, and oh my goodness it was so so good to be there again! It has been a long time since I have done an endowment session, so I was smiling from ear to ear to finally be there again! I love the Spirit and the peace that is always a part of the temple experience. It truly is the house of the Lord. 
 
 
 
The chili cook-off judges
 

                                 Dressed as a turkey a month early!
 
I've got a lot to cover, and not so much time, so bear with me! I'll try to get it all down! I'll have to send some pictures from Halloween because I don't have too much time to write about it, but it was great, and the ward party was awesome! I'm going to share two miracles that we had this week with you and then something I learned, alright? So miracle number one. We started the English classes this week (the Daily Dose Program). So we have been going around town, putting up flyers and inviting people to come, trying to get the word out essentially. We were thinking that maybe 4 or 5 people would come and that we'd feel pretty good about that...but miracles my friends are everywhere. There were 13 people there for our very first class!! How amazing is that!? And they all speak Spanish! I don't know about you...but to me that sounds like we are one step closer to starting a Spanish branch! haha but really though! We are working hard to get more Spanish speakers to church on Sundays, and we have been seeing a lot of success. We have felt this last week that the Lord wants us to focus a little bit harder on building the Spanish program here in Huntsville because we have seen so many miracles! Almost all of the Spanish families in the ward are part member families, and when we get them reactivated, the baptisms for the others are bound to follow! Miracle 2. We were able to get in with a Spanish family that we have never met before--amazing!! The mom is the only member of the Church, but her kids want to learn more about what she believes. We are beginning to teach them and they love it! I love teaching kids because they are so open, receptive, and so full of faith. We taught them how to pray and we also taught them how to sing I Am a Child of God and Families Can Be Together Forever. They are so so cute! It's J (12), J (11), and B (6). And they even came to church on Sunday and absolutely loved it! I just love the relationships that we are able to create with people here. It is amazing the unity and love that you can feel as you talk with others about God. It is the coolest experience ever. I just don't even know how to put into words what I am feeling right now, but it is joyful and happy and so wonderful!! Oh and sorry, one more miracle, A and C accepted a baptismal date for December 13th! Yay!! We are so excited for them! They are so adorable! And the dad might even be able to work towards being the one to baptize them! That would be so remarkable! Aaaahhhh there are so many miracles!!!
 

                                Some of our fantastic YSA friends
 
And now for my thought for the week. Wow is the power of the Atonement incredible. My testimony of and gratitude for the Atonement grew so much this week. I had an incredible experience this week where I felt the full coverage of the Atonement, and really began to understand a little bit more all that is possible for us because of Jesus Christ. I was enveloped in the love that my Heavenly Father has for me, and understood a little better what Jesus Christ did by suffering for each one of us individually--I cannot come close to understanding it all, but I can understand it enough for my own life and that is what is really important. As I use the Atonement more in my life, I come to appreciate it more and my heart is just full--full of gratitude to my Savior and Redeemer. What a comfort it is to know that when we fall short, He is there to help us just a little bit further to make it all the way. What would we do without Him? This is another one of those moments where the words are choked up in my throat and nothing can explain the fullness and swelling that is in my heart as I think about it. I will be doing all that I can do give all that I have to Him, because He gave everything to me--and more. There is nothing more that I can do but give Him all that I have. I want to live for Him every moment that I have! I invite you to do the same.

Estoy muy agradecida por la expiacion de Jesucristo y por el amor que nos da. Que increible es para tener confianza en El y hacer todo que podemos para llegar a ser como El. Quiero desarrollar todos los atributos de Jesucristo y ser como El es. Mi mision me ha ayudado a hacer eso, pero todavia tengo mucho trabajo. Amo a mi Salvador y se que El vive.

Con muchisimo amor,
Hermana Hoj

No comments:

Post a Comment